Beginner Sewing Classes Online – You are here: Home / Sewing / Sewing Inspiration / TOP 12 Free Online Basic Sewing Classes for Beginners
In this post, you will find links to free online sewing classes for beginners and free basic sewing patterns. There are also some free sewing pattern videos online. Some of them are also free online quilting classes that will help you in learning to sew online.
Beginner Sewing Classes Online
It was 2004, I was 12 years old when I started sewing. I made a fitted and cute outfit for my 6 month old cousin along with matching PJs. It was a baby pink color with contrasting navy blue fabric, like the “Sew Some Stuff” logo. Yes, pink has always been my favorite color.
Kids Beginner Sewing Course
I don’t know how I managed to sew, but I remember my patient aunt guiding me through each step… A lot of time.
I first got into sewing my own clothes in 2007, when I was 15 after being inspired by all the lovely clothes that Blair Waldorf had made in The Little Girl Story, but the poor ob-course didn’t fit right.
If you’re new to sewing, or you’re self-taught, or you think you need someone to walk you through the basics of sewing like a sewing class, this is the post for you!
Here are some free online sewing basics to get you started. The best thing is that they are all FREE and online, meaning that you won’t have to leave the comfort of your home to review your skills.
Sewing And Design School
This list of free online lessons for sewing projects contains links to classes that will walk you through the basics of machine sewing, a class that will show you how to make a basic 1/4 stitch, how to sew curved seams as well as zippers. . Also included in the list are classes covering topics such as reading sewing patterns, how to cut perfect shapes, sewing machine feet and many others for you to find your book through the list. These classes are perfect for learning to sew from home. So why are you waiting? Start your sewing journey with all these free online sewing courses and you can have a great start in sewing, unlike me.
1) Sewing Machine Basics: Getting intimidated by your new sewing machine? Check out this sewing class before you head out on your new bff with basic sewing!
2) Sue the Perfect 1/4: This mini online sewing lesson shows you how to give a perfect 1/4″ seam on any sewing machine. Great tip for beginning sewists!
3) Basic Sewing: Seams: Learn how to sew curved seams and how to sew two pieces together.
Online Sewing Classes
4) How to Join Zippers: Zippers can be a hell of a tricky thing, but in this short 8 minute video you’ll learn how to fasten and sew your own zippers, and other crafting skills.
5) Pressure and Seam Finishing: This is one of the most important techniques that you need to know to give your projects the final touch. This video will show you three basic types of stitches.
6) Squares, Triangles and Diamond Chest: So how do you cut the perfect shape in your design? You can find this type of sewing online. These forms are great for application work. Trust me, if you master this skill, you will save yourself a lot of frustration on your journey.
7) How to Read a Sewing Pattern: It is important to start sewing any garment. I haven’t actually tried on any of the patterns though, so I’m sure this is the type before I start sewing the dress. In this 37-minute class you will learn how to read a pattern package, take accurate measurements, fabric recommendations, understand the linen guide, work with pattern pieces, layout and sectioning.
The Best Online Sewing Classes Of 2022
9) Topstitching and Edge Sewing: In this sewing class you will learn all about the most useful techniques to use to give any project a professional look.
10) Sew Buttonholes and Buttons: Ah, this one is really scary and honestly I find it I have never experienced it. This mini sewing lesson book is perfect for those who want to start off on the right foot with sewing buttons and buttons.
12) Sewing Machine Feet from A to Z: These days there are so many different sewing machine feet. My favorite is the Claw feet and zipper which I use almost all the time. They make life so much easier! Learn the basics of different feet in this class.
The classes below can be watched live for FREE, but if you want to request access, you’ll have to pay for them.
Machine Sewing Workshop For Beginners
If you are a beginner sewist and would like to buy a super affordable sewing machine that will be perfect for a beginner, you can check out my list of 10 Best Inexpensive Sewing Machines for Beginners. In this list, Brother and Singer have shared sewing machines that fall under $200 and make the perfect sewing machine for a newbie. Now check out the post.
Well, that’s the end of the list where I shared 12 free online basic sewing classes, sorry. But, I have some stuff for you. How about Free sewing patterns and tutorials? I know we all love them. So, head over to this post and this post to find out where to get free sewing patterns.
A quick review before you go, in this post I’ve shared 12 free basic sewing classes that you can take online from the comfort of your home. I’ve also shared some links to free sewing patterns that you can use to get you started on the first stage of sewing.
So would you like a list of free online basic sewing classes? Will you be taking any of these free online basic sewing classes in the future? If you take these sewing lessons, let us know what you think about them in the comments below.
Kids Beginner Sewing Camp
Before you leave a pin, pin this post for future reference or share it with your sewing circle on Facebook. We have sharing icons at the bottom.
Here I have rounded up some of the best online sewing tutorials to help you learn to sew at home. Some sewing courses are free, some are monthly and some are one-off. Learn to knit electronic clothing such as a dress, shorts or even a pair of jeans. Also learn sewing projects for the home such as pillow covers, toiletry bags or table mats. Check out all of these amazing sewing projects that you can access at home.
Where to learn to spin at home online? Check out these groups and tutorials for beginning sewing with Tilly and Buttons
Sewing Classes Geelong
Tilly and the Button is one of my favorite pattern’s companies. It is well known for its user-friendly designs and expert design. They all have orders to redeem for help with sewing some clothes. They also have many tutorials online and on Youtube. Tilly and the Button are the perfect choice for classic easy dressmaking.
Sew Over It are another on trend pattern company with many designs to choose from. They offer an online sewing course in the form of “Stitch School” that you can subscribe to monthly. With this subscription you will have access to watch tutorials and join examples to make at your leisure. They also have an online “long live” on Youtube every week for you to join the conversation and sew. This is my personal favorite and I signed up! Watch this space.
Closet Case an online pattern company. A range of online sewing patterns have tutorials to help you learn to sew online. You can also learn how to make your own jeans at home with the Closet case Ginger Jeans tutorial.. Sewing course prices vary but you can also sign up to their emails to get free access to their resource library and a free PDF pattern.
By Hand London are a trendy modern pattern company that offer lots of online tutorials and ‘sew longs’ to help you sew beautiful clothes. There are free little project tutorials as well for you to start your sewing journey at home.
Kidsew! Beginner To Intermediate Sewing (flex) Course
Sew confidently and make your own online sewing classes that teach you how to sew a range of items including dresses, hoodies and jumpsuits. The classes are all from popular model companies and trends. Classes are live online and taught via Zoom. Classes cost around £25.
Beginner sewing classes, beginner sewing classes joann, beginner yoga classes online, beginner sewing classes nyc, beginner ballet classes online, beginner sewing classes calgary, online beginner sewing classes, beginner sewing course online, online beginner computer classes, beginner sewing classes near me, beginner painting classes online, beginner cooking classes online